Suggestions
  • Misemao

Suggestions

by Misemao » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 pm

First off, I really like the app. I like it way better than iRealB. The time you put into creating the tracks shows.

I have two suggestions that would (IMO) allow Genius JT to completely replace iRealB:

- Input options for custom chord progressions. I know that this is nearly impossible without having the quality of the tracks suffer. But it nevertheless essential to get the iRealB crowd. It might be a solution to offer song-styles instead of genre-styles. (For example: instead of choosing “med. swing” one can choose “impressions - John Coltrane” as style for some custom changes. This would make the outcome much more musical and be more true to what this apps strengths are.

- More Looping controls. Right now I can not find any controls to loop 2, 4 or 8 bar phrases where I want. That would be great for practicing.

Thanks for making this App.
    Genius Jamtracks

Re: Suggestions

by Genius Jamtracks » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 am

​Hi Misemao,
    We are glad you like our work! Thank you for your kind words and for your very useful suggestions. We are working on everything you mentioned and on many more features for the next update of the app. The "input options for custom chord progressions" is on the way but as you noticed the aspect of creating a good musical result is a major priority in our work, so we are still working on it. As you know, many musicians and music students are not that familiar with polyrhythms, so the looping feature might be too tricky for anyone who does't know how a polyrhythmic phrase circles. This might be too confusing when you hear two or three polyrhythms at the same time. In a next update we will include the looping feature though, but in a different context that will be more creative.

Great things are coming! Stay tuned.
    The Genius Jamtracks team